School Policy statement on equality
Buxton Infant School is a Community school for pupils from the age of 4 to 7. There are currently 172 pupils on roll.
Our school is committed to equality for our pupils and staff :
- We ensure that everyone is treated fairly and with respect
- We endeavour to make sure that our school provides a safe and secure and happy environment
- We acknowledge that people have different needs and understand that treating people equally is not the same as treating everyone exactly the same.
- We recognise that some pupils require additional levels of support in order for them to reach their potential.
- We ensure that no-one is discriminated against because of their age, any disability that they may have, their ethnicity, gender, gender identity, marital status, religion; or on the grounds of being pregnant, recently having had a baby or their sexual identity and orientation.
- We ensure that a variety of stake holders are involved in our decision making processes e.g parental questionnaires, school council.
The equality act 2010 requires us to publish information that demonstrates that we have due regard for the need to:
- Eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment, victimisation and any other conduct prohibited by the Equality Act 2010
- Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it.
- Foster good relations between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it.